Saturday 28 July 2007

APRIL AT THE VETS

I know Mum's been worried about the lumps on my tummy for a while, and another one appeared a couple of months ago in a rather private place. I had a test and they said it wasnt troublesome, but it started growing again so Mum took me in to have it and another one from my tummy removed. Now I dont normally mind the vet, but this meant not having any breakfast and thats no good. However, I like Martin the vet - he was very kind to Poppy when she was poorly.

They looked after me well, but I was so pleased to be collected by my mum. I didnt fell very well for the first few days and had to be taken back to the vets again and again. I think they were quite worried about me. They said I had been spayed at the same time and I was to have restricted excercise - Ha ! - Thats not my scene at all, now is it ?

About 6 days later, I still had my stitches in but was feeling much more like my old self, but they would only let me out in the yard and that is not really suitable. So I set to with my teeth and peeled back the fence. What a wimpy lot ! Only Sapphire would come with me - not in season this time though. I could hear them shouting my name but I couldnt be bothered to go back. I had a look in the pony field - nothing in there then I mooched past all the back gardens, cutting through a few of them. Then I though I would nip off to the Golf Course but who should be blocking my way - Dad ! 'A fair cop', I thought, I was a bit tired anyway.

When I got back, Sapphire had only gone straight round to the front of the house - she's obviously inherited the wrong genes...

Better luck next time, eh ?

No comments: